We ate dinner over at a friend's house on Friday night where we had cookies and warm apple cider for dessert. It was James' first experience with apple cider and he quickly declared it his new favorite treat. On our drive home I decided that we needed to go apple picking immediately because it just seemed like a fall kind of thing to do. Well, of course living in the Mont, there is an apple orchard less than 10 minutes away from our house. Score. But when I called them this morning I found out they only let a set number of people pick apples per season and this year is already sold out. Boo. But we could still go see the orchard and the animals and go on a hayride. James and I were sold and Tim and Mac were good sports and tagged along.
After our hayride around the orchard, we ate a picnic lunch and bought some cider, apples and apple cider donuts from the farm to go with it. Delicious.
James bought a basket of carrots and got to feed the horses and donkeys.
This little foal was only 2 weeks old. So cute!
So I am now madly in love with apple cider donuts and may or may not already be planning multiple trips back to the orchard just to buy more of them. Now I just need to be on top of things and get us reservations early enough next year so that we can pick our own apples!
5 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun, especially if you can pick the apples. Maybe next year we can try it with you :)
Looks like a perfect outing! We had fun picking apples last year and can't wait to go again this year. :)
Apple cider donuts sound awesome! I envy you your fall weather.
Great pictures, they make me want a good camera...
What a perfect fall activity! This is now my third year in a row of missing out an apple picking reservation. I think I need to mark that on my calander to call them next March and then we all should go. Now that you mentioned them, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be thinging about apple cider donuts until I get one...they sound delicious!
Post a Comment