Sunday, May 1, 2011

Marathon Marco Island Post

We just got back from our annual spring break trip to Florida. I always take a lot of photos, but since this was Macky's first Marco trip I think my picture taking was in overdrive. So here is a post of just my favorite pictures from the trip-which is a lot! Here are the boys on the plane ready to go on vacation!
We got to Marco the day before Easter and James got to dye eggs with Kenzie and then woke up the next morning to an Easter basket from Mimi and Papa and an egg hunt outside followed by brunch at the country club.
We clean up pretty nice.
On Marco Island we do basically 3 things: Pool, Beach, and Boat. All of these are accompanied by lots of eating and drinking. First up, the pool.....James had a few private swim lessons with an intructor who came to the house while we were there. He is getting to be much more comfortable in the water and went swimming multiple times each day while we were there. Mac was not a huge fan of the pool, but he liked sitting in the shade on someone's lap and watching everyone else swim.
The beach.....Katie and I took Mac to the beach every single morning. We put him in the jogging stroller and walked him up and down the beach and he would crash out and take an awesome nap. James loves the beach and this year for the first time really enjoyed going in the ocean too. He was in heaven digging in the sand, building sand castles, looking for shells and running into the ocean and jumping over the waves. We couldn't keep him away from the ocean even if we were going to a restaurant on the beach. He would run right down to the water, get soaking wet and covered in sand and then come back to eat. He had to spend one meal in just his underwear because he was such a mess.
The boat.....another sure fire way to get Mac to take a great nap was in his car seat on the boat. He would crash out almost as soon as the boat started. It even lulled James to sleep a couple of times. As usual we had some great dolphin watching off the back of the boat, James loved it.
James had always been a great traveler and Mac seems to be following in his brother's footsteps. We had a such a great family vacation and loved introducing Cormac to all of our favorite things on Marco. We can't wait to continue taking them to Marco as they get older and watch them enjoy it together even more! We are so lucky to have such an amazing place to vacation, we are definitely spoiled and appreciate every second of it!

6 comments:

The O'Reillys said...

Great pictures, it looks like a wonderful vacation! Your boys look so happy and adorable and you look fantastic in your swim suit - I'm so jealous of your post-baby skinniness :)

Little Miss Nelson said...

Such great pictures! Those boys are too cute! It looks like you all had a great time at the beach. I am definitely jealous of your warm sun soaked vacation and I hope some of that warm weather followed you back here.

Tonia said...

Great pictures, makes me want some warm weather!! Mac looks like such a chunk, I love him in the beach pictures. It looks like James loved the water.

Kara said...

I love that James and Mac are fans of the beach! How fun, I am totally jealous :)

Jenny said...

I love the first pic, I love your Easter dress, and I love kayaking. Glad you guys had a good trip. One day maybe we can come with you!

Erin Sungy said...

Looks like such a fun time, I wish we could combine our FL vacations; we are going the first week in June this year. Looks like the boys loved it, and I'm with Anne, you look fabulous and I too am totally jealous of your post-baby skinniness. Can you send some of your weight loss magic over my way, I still can't fit in my pants:((