Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pre-Easter

When James got home from school today he was surprised to see that the Easter bunny had come to visit! We will be in Florida for Easter this year so we wanted to give James his Easter loot without dragging it with us on vacation. He and Mac got their baskets with some goodies (James' was super hero themed) and then he went on an egg hunt in the backyard. James was so excited and said, "I must be the luckiest boy in town!"
One of James' presents from the Easter bunny (Ama) was a Batman cape which obviously was worn for the rest of the day (and I am sure many days to come).
I also took our pre-Easter celebration as an opportunity to try on the boys' Easter outfits so I could get pictures with their Easter baskets since they won't come with us on vacation either.
This is James saying, "I found more eggs than anyone!" Ummm, we didn't tell him he was the only one looking. Each egg had 1 m&m or 1 jelly bean inside. He was ecstatic that after dinner he got to pick out one egg to open and eat the treat inside. Who knew how exciting 1 jelly bean could be?
I didn't plan for Mac's Easter outfit to match his basket, but I love that it does.
Extreme ridiculousness below:
We are SO excited to get down to Florida and enjoy the sun and beach! Hopefully Macky will love it as much as James does down there. And who knows, maybe the humidity will have the magical effect of making him sleep. We can hope...Happy Easter!!

7 comments:

Tonia said...

So cute! I love what you put in the Easter eggs, that cracks me up. Have a great time in Florida.

diana said...

I think maybe James was a better fit in the Easter basket his first Easter! Glad the Batman cape is a hit. Enjoy Florida!

Jenny said...

I enjoy Jamsey's dapper plaid pants. I think it's hilarious you dressed Mac in a one-piece gingham romper, though.

Sweet Baby James said...

@ Jenny I love rompers on little babies. It isn't like he is 2 and in a smocked Jon Jon. Whatevs, I think he is adorable. You would probably also have vetoed the seersucker shortall with matching hat I wanted to get.

Kara said...

Your boys crack me up! Also, you and your festive outfits crack me up -- I wish I had the motivation to dress the girls in awesomely matching holiday gear.

Little Miss Nelson said...

James expressions could not be any cuter, neither could Macky's grins. I LOVE their Easter outfits! Have fun in Florida and Happy Easter!

GRP said...

Happy Easter to the James and Mac team. It is a joy to follow your blog, Katy. I hope you realize the joy it brings to me, and I am sure many others who read it. Thank you for your effort and yes, your boys always look dapper. Such fun. Love, the Z girl's other grandma, Grandma Grace