Monday, April 18, 2011

James is 3 1/2!

I realized today that James is exactly 3 1/2. Wow! How is it my first baby is so close to 4?! Here are some things to know about James at 3 1/2:
  • He is terrified of the dark and loud noises. The mere thought of fireworks or a movie theater is enough to send him over the edge.
  • James is obsessed with all things super hero.
  • He can hear a song a few times and be able to sing all of the lyrics with the correct tune, which has made me and Tim start to question the music we listen to around him.
  • Pop music continues to be James' favorite, with Ke$ha's We Are Who We Are as his current favorite song.
  • He is very sensitive and has a really hard time leaving places and saying goodbye to friends.
  • James tells us a bajillion times a day that he loves Mac with all his heart.
  • He loves reading chapter books.
  • He has gotten dressed by himself exactly once. (I am glad I took pictures)
  • He is the sweetest, smartest, silliest boy I know and I am glad he is mine.

3 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

It is a trick of the camera or is Mac's head bigger than James'? If so that's OK they are both good looking young men. It's just going to be hard for hand me ups....

diana said...

I'm glad James has been with us for 3 1/2 years. And I totally agree with him on saying goodbye to people!

Jenny said...

Jamsey is definitely a musical genius! And his cousin Zephyr is sensitive too, so he's in good company!