Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday

James has become increasingly interested in art projects.  He especially likes to paint.  We finally got him to take a bath in the big bath tub by getting bath paints.  We had tried everything else (including getting in with him), and painting while in the bath has been the only thing that keeps him from screaming bloody murder if we try to set him in anything besides his baby bath tub.  Today we painted outside, which was a hit as well.  I gave him rocks and leaves to paint with, but he preferred a paint brush and his fingers.
Painting quickly became second fiddle when I brought out a tub of warm, soapy water.  It was way more fun to wash his paint brush than to actually paint with it.  Oh well, maybe he will be equally excited about doing dishes in a few years.
He ended the art project by stepping in the paint and leaving little multi-colored foot prints all over the driveway. :-)
We have started swim lessons at the outdoor pool by our house.  It is great because we can walk there, it has a big sand area to play in, and the water is super warm.  James is fine as long as I keep his precious ears and eyes out of the water.  Here he is eyeing the pool skeptically before getting in today.  He likes to say, "Wet, wet, wet!" with much enthusiasm during the whole lesson.  Unless his eyes or ears get wet and then it turns to, "No wet! No wet! No wet!"

5 comments:

Jenny said...

So much fun!! I can't wait until Z is ready for more art (ie not eating everything!) You should try painting rocks with water- my toddlers could spend hours painting rocks outside with brushes and pans of water. The water leaves dark marks that fade as they dry...

Jill said...

I love the painting. Looks like a fun project.
Miles also hates getting his face wet. Hair washing always brings the tears.

Tonia said...

Watering, mowing, painting, washing...looks like James is going to be a huge help around the house some day!

laura! said...

I have found with both kids that a small bucket of water, sponge/washcloth, and something to clean goes a long way. So far it has not translated to the dishes, but I am keeping hope.

Kara said...

What a great idea! Maybe when we visit Addi and James can paint together -- and their love will continue to grow :)