Thursday, August 7, 2008

Monkeys and Polka Dots

I have never really been into a matchy matchy nursery for James. That is, until I found the cutest bedding ever, and then all that flew right out the window. And it just so happened to coincide with us moving to our new house, so now James has a matchy matchy nursery. Luckily my mom is some kind of painting savant and offered to paint his room for me. I did not want blue, and the room was already a blah kind of brown, so we went with orange to match the monkeys on his bedding. A bold choice, but we like it. Disclaimer-the color is hard to photograph. It looks kind of traffic cone-esque in these photos, but I assure you it looks much nicer in person, it is a pumpkin/terra cotta type color. His bedding is monkeys and polka dots in blue, orange, white, and chocolate brown. Here you can kind of see the bedding (click the picture to make it bigger):


And here is a view of the whole room:

And from the doorway:

Jenny helped me paint some artwork for over the crib. Can you guess which monkey I painted? Hint: it is the ugly one.
And thanks to my dad and Ian, James' book rack is finally hanging on his wall. It has been Tim's arch nemesis since getting it at Christmas, and at our old house it just leaned against the wall. All it needs is curtains and an area rug and it will be done! I think it is super cute :-)


7 comments:

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

I think its super cute too! And you know I'm not scared of bold colors, love the orange!

Kara said...

Love the matchy matchy!
And I love the color orange. I can't wait to see the house : )

diana said...

The finished room looks great!! So glad I could help. Thanks for the pictures.

Brynne said...

It is super cute! and super Jamesy. Loves it.

The O'Reillys said...

The room looks so good, Katy! It's much more kid-friendly now and I think the orange was a great choice. Nice work on the monkey paintings - I thought you bought those!

Kelsey said...

It's so cute! Can't wait to see it in person!

Jenny said...

That is one damn fine room. I love your little special white monkey. Thanks for letting me paint and contribute!