Monday, August 18, 2008

10 Months!

Tim and I have spent all day repeating that we just can't believe that James will be a year old in 2 more months. He has grown up so much this last month. He has been reaching all sorts of new milestones, and is turning into a little boy and doesn't look like a baby to us anymore. He also seems so much bigger to us. Some mornings, I swear that he has grown 2 inches overnight. We missed his 9 month well baby check, so we won't have anymore official stats until his first birthday, but I know that he has grown a ton since his 6 month visit when he wasn't even 14 pounds yet! The shorts that he is wearing in this picture he wore as long pants when he was 6 months old!
I have signed James and I up for several activities this fall to prevent us from getting bored of each other and in hopes of meeting some new people in Longmont. We have music class which starts next week, swim lessons which start in September, and a gym class which starts this week. The Longmont library also has baby storytime which starts up again in September that I hope is similar to the Book Baby program we did in Denver. It sounds like a packed schedule, but since each activity is only 1/2 hour or so, it just gives us something to do out of the house each day, which we both need.
Here are 10 things about James on his 10 month birthday:
1. James has 2 bottom teeth.
2. James has full blown stranger/separation anxiety and would prefer to be held by me 24 hours a day. I accommodate him within reason. :-)
3. James can army crawl wherever he wants to go very quickly.
4. James now hates having his diaper changed, or getting dressed. As soon as he is put on his changing table, he starts fussing, rolls over, and tries to dive off the edge of the dresser.
5. James likes playing with any type of ball more than any of his other toys.
6. James still loves cords of all kinds, and also has become interested in the computer. If we are on it around him, he crawls torwards it and starts banging on the keyboard. He also still loves cell phones and remote controls. All of these items trump all toys, including balls.
7. James is very flexible and floppy. We did not really realize this until Jenny and Ian pointed it out, and in comparison to Zephyr. He especially loves it when he take his feet and slap them back and forth across his cheeks.
8. James still loves bath time, but has started to hate getting out of the bath. This combined with #4 makes getting him ready for bed a challenge that requires both of us.
9. James is very dramatic. When he is unhappy about something, he throws himself face down on the ground and cries like you just killed his best friend.
10. James babbling has now increased to include the sound mamama instead of just dadada and nyuhnyuhnyuh.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy birthday Jamsey! You are an amazing fellow...we love your floppy legs! And your dramatic head down cry. Enjoy all of your new classes!

diana said...

Loved the picture and the Top Ten List! He's definitely growing up. Happy Birthday James!

Kara said...

I can't believe he is so old already!!! You guys are going to have so much fun with all of your cool upcoming activities.

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

Happy 10 month!

Katy who would have thught you'd have a dramatic child! I don't know any dramatic Fererros. But the flexibility, that must come from Tim's side.

Brynne said...

Happy 10 months!! I cannot believe how fast its gone... can't wait to see you guys maybe in a couple weeks?

Anonymous said...

Wow 10 months!!! Some how James get's even cuter each month :)

Tonia said...

Yay for swim lessons! Let me know if you can't get him to blow bubbles, I have gotten Pierce, Deaglan, and Adalynn to do it! Pierce even blows them in his cups now, my in laws love me : )