Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hanging in the Mont

We are getting more settled into our new house and getting used to living in Longmont (or the Mont as Tim calls it). There are some things that I already miss about Denver, but all in all, we are very happy with the move, we love our new house, and Tim is enjoying his new job. James is getting very fast at army crawling and is enjoying crawling all over the house. He makes a bee-line for any cord or string that he sees, so I stay busy constantly moving him to more baby friendly locations, and he promptly crawls again to baby danger locations.Tim has done his best at nursing our lawn back to health and has even mowed it once. We like our backyard a lot, especially the big tree. It provides shade almost all day long and James loves his swing out there as well. We found super discounted end of the year patio funiture this week, that we will probably be assembling well into next summer. It was super discounted for a reason I guess. It came with about 11,ooo different pieces and parts.
One of the best things we have found in Longmont so far is the farmer's market on Saturdays. It has a ton of great produce and is right by our house. We like walking around it in the morning and have been buying food for us and James for the week. We have been giving James more solids to try on his own instead of making him purees. So far his favorite has been this round Mexican squash.We have been buying furniture to fill up the house since it is so much bigger than the condo. The thing I am most excited about is having a kitchen table to sit at. We have been eating on the floor for the last 4 years, so we feel pretty grown up having a table to sit at. Auntie Jenny and Uncle E-E bought James his very first high chair, and it is awesome. It is called a tripp trapp and puts him right at the table so he can eat with us. He loves it.The best thing about living in Longmont is Tim being so close to his work. We see him SOOO much more than we did when he was at Children's and had such a long commute. He even comes home at lunch. We started giving James some finger foods at lunch time so that he can practice feeding himself. He still mainly just squishes it between his fingers, and smears it onto Jax, but he has fun. Today he even got a piece of tofu, and a piece of banana into his mouth. Yay James! We are still working on his table manners-he loves to eat with one foot propped up on the table.In other James news, his second bottom tooth has broken through. That made for a fun few nights. So far I have been un-successful in getting a picture of his teeth, but I will keep trying!

4 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your new place! I love the new table. That pic of James eating with his foot on the table is hilarious -- now he just needs to put one hand down his pants and it will look perfect.

Grampa Jim said...

I 'd invest in a drop clothe if I were you.....

Did James getting any corn off that ear?

Tonia said...

I really like your kitchen table! James looks very happy in his new house.

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

A. Love the table
B. Foot on the table, love it!
C. Erin now lives in Erie, so I'm nominating your place for the get together... Her son was born in Sept, so him and James are really close in age! I'll call you next week.

Have a good weekend!