I can't believe that Mac is 3! We had a great day on Monday celebrating our boy. He woke up to birthday balloons and his #1 most coveted mini figure-the deep sea diver. Tim worked in the OR early that morning, so we saved all the rest of the gifts and festivities for after dinner.
After taking James to school, thet two of us headed to Sunflower Farm. I had shown Mac pictures of James' 3rd birthday party, which was at the farm, awhile ago and he got it in his head that is where he wanted to spend his birthday. It worked out great, the weather was beautiful and we got to reuse James' farm birthday shirt! We will be celebrating with all our friends on Sunday, we we kept the farm fieldtrip pretty low key and had Kelly and Emerson meet us there. Mac and Emmy loved exploring the farm together!
Mac was a little nervous about the pony. He watched Emmy go for a ride and then decided he wanted to sit on the horse, but under no circumstances did he want the horse to move.
Mac loved the baby goat, especially when it escaped the pen and he got to follow it around and pet it.
Heading up to the tree house.Posing with his best girl in front of his favorite tractor. Also James' favorite when he was 3.
That evening, Mac got to pick anything he wanted to have for dinner. He picked for me to cook noodles with broccoli. After dinner, he got to unwrap his gifts. He got new monster boots, his very first little Lego set, a Lego headlamp and 2 superhero books. He was thrilled with everything, especially the Lego set!
Ice cream cupcakes for dessert!
This has been the most nostalgic birthday for me yet. I can't believe that when James turned three, Mac was born! James seemed like such a big kid to us at this age, and Mac is still 150% the baby of the family. Here are a few things I want to remember about Mac at 3:
- Mac loves snacks and will eat all day long. The kid has never met a pretzel that he doesn't love.
- Mac loves to pretend he is a baby and act like a baby. To him, this means stripping down to just unders and asking to be held like a baby.
- Mac is still as emotional as ever. He is either really happy or really pissed off and not afraid to let you know about it. I swear he cries more than any newborn on the planet. He will also scream at you while crying, "I'm ANGRY!" or "I'm FWUSTWATED!" or "I'm SAD!" or my personal favorite, "I'm CRYING!!!"
- Mac seriously gives the best hugs ever. He wraps both arms all the way around you and gives the biggest squeeze.
- Everynight when he is going to bed, he wants his back rubbed. As I sit by his bed rubbing his back he says, "Mama, I love you. (sigh) SO much." and then goes to sleep. Sweetest thing ever.
- Mac loves dressing up and hats. He almost always is wearing some type of hat and puts together some pretty amazing ensembles with our dress up collection.
- Mac refers to James as, "My Bubba" During the day if he is bored he will say, "Let's go pick up my Bubba from school now."
- Mac is obsessed with potty humor and uses the word "poop" in conversation far more frequently than I would care to hear.
Happy Birthday to our big, sweet, crazy and funny baby, Cormac Thomas!









1 comment:
Happy birthday Macky! You are pretty cool.
Post a Comment