Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Day

Today we had just about my ideal family day. We spent the night in Denver last night and this morning took the boys to the museum. We hadn't been since I was pregnant with Mac, so James was super excited to see the dinosaurs and the outer space exhibit. I tried to re-create some of our wedding pictures while we were there. Except with James in them instead of me, and he wasn't wearing a wedding dress.
James' themed outfit was totally unintentional, but I loved that he matched the space exhibit, so I made him pose under this astronaut, which he was clearly thrilled about.
 Another wedding photo re-creation.
There weren't any random strangers up on the balcony that I could ask to take a photo of all 4 of us, so I settled for this instead.
 Mac hated and loved every exhibit. He hated the darkness of the space exhibit, but loved the astronaut bear in the play area.
 He hated the big dinosaurs, but loved any button he could press or flap he could lift up in the dinosaur exhibit.
On our way back from the museum, we went to Tattered Cover and spent about an hour reading books in the children's section. I stayed strong and resisted the temptation to buy the boys any books. I sure miss living by a bookstore! This last picture has nothing to do with anything. I just love Mac's monster outfit, and it shows my Valentine flair on our mantle. The living room looked pretty empty after we un-decorated from Christmas, so I went a little overboard with decorating for Valentine's Day a month early.
                                            
We ended our day playing Disney Headbandz together at home, which if you are a fan of Disney movies, is a lot of fun. What a great start to our long weekend :)

1 comment:

Grampa Jim said...

That does sound like a perfect day. I love the Natural History Museum. That's on my list of things to do when we move back up there...someday.