Monday, January 16, 2012

TPD-The Ultimate Photo Tour

Today Tim and Kelsey open their practice! They have worked so hard at getting everything ready, and I am about ready to burst with pride for the two of them! It has been an amazing process seeing their vision come together with the architect's plans and the contractor's hard work to create such an amazing space for kids. Here are some before and after photos. The pictures really do not do it justice at all! It does not even look like the same building that it was just a few short months ago. (all of the before photos were taken in mid-October)






 








From sitting down with them during their first design meeting with the architects to cleaning the office last night, I have been so excited to help with the new office in anyway I can. Since I am obviously no help in the dentistry or business department, my help has mainly involved shopping. I have bought things on etsy.com, helped to design business cards, letterhead and other paper products, made about a zillion trips to Michaels and Target, made about a dozen orders from amazon.com, bought things on etsy, helped pick out furniture, books and toys, bought things on etsy and helped with marketing and promotions. Oh, and did I mention I bought a lot on etsy?? Here are some details in the office. Jenny had the fantastic idea of getting some fabric custom made with TPD's logo from spoonflower.com. She made 3 banners that we hung in the kids area-smile, brush and floss with the fabric. Kelsey's mom made covers for some beanbag chairs in the kids area using a twill version of the custom fabric. I LOVE it so much!

I may have gone a little overboard with my love of decals, but with that being said, I am ordering more of these monsters today. I love them!
 Kelsey found these clocks that are hanging in open bay and the quiet room. The toothbrush swings back and forth and brushes the dinosaur's and robot's teeth!
 Artwork from a local artist that I found on etsy hanging in open bay.
 Another etsy find.
 Stuffed animals for kids to practice their brushing technique.
My friend Aimee, the art teacher at my old school, had 5th and 6th graders paint these pop art self-portraits for the lobby. They add so much color and turned out fantastic!
Bathroom art-from etsy. More art for the other bathroom has been ordered (from etsy) and is just not in yet.
One of the banners Jenny made. The box on the wall is to hold a video game system and there will be a small flat screen tv hanging above it. There are some techinal difficulties at the moment so it is not up and running right quite yet.
 Magazine and book racks. I bought a huge selection of books from amazon-all teeth themed of course! Two more of these are being ordered for the kids area.

 Board books about teeth for babies and toddlers.
The first non-official patient! James had a practice appointment on Saturday and got his teeth cleaned by Crystal, the dental assistant. No cavities!

The front door needs to be replaced and all the permanent signs still need to go up on the windows, and a new walk off mat needs to be put in right inside the front door. There are still some empty walls that we are still deciding what to do with, but all in all I think the office looks amazing for opening day! A big shout out to Anne, Kelly and Tonia who are all bringing their kiddos in for appointments today. They helped to fill the schedule and make for a very busy opening day. Thanks for your support girls! And congratulations to Tim and Kelsey, what an exciting day!!

6 comments:

Tonia said...

Loved seeing it and Kellen did awesome! Your style is all over the office and I loved finding all of the cute touches. The wall decals rock. Don't worry, I kept Kellen from eating all of the crayons (even though he tried!).

The O'Reillys said...

It is incredible! I loved the colors, the details, the layout, everything! All the stuff you picked out made it look so great, Katy, way to go! Maybe next time George will even sit in the dentist chair :)

Grampa Jim said...

Wow everything looks so cool.
Great job. And best of luck to Dr. Tim.

We're very impressed with everything.

diana said...

I love it all! And Katy, have you checked out this site called etsy.com???

Little Miss Nelson said...

TPD looks AMAZING! You guys did a fantastic job transforming that space! All of your shopping skills definitely paid off. I can't wait to see it! Miss R has a cold right now, but as soon as we're over this she's coming in for a cleaning.

Jenny said...

I posted a comment on Monday, but it must not have taken! Anyway- I love the office and I know how hard you've all worked on it. We can't wait for Zephyr's next appointment :)