This is a super random post full of photos from the last week or so. Everyone in the house (except Mac) has gotten much needed haircuts in the last week. James was not too happy with the idea of getting a haircut, but after getting a lollipop (which he called a popsicle) from the hair dresser and then getting a lemonade and balloon after eating at Red Robin for the first time, he declared it to be "the most fantastic day of my life so far!" The kid is easy to please. Showing off haircuts and balloons.


Both my boys fight naps like it is their job. So I will take them when and wherever I can get them. Mac's are usually in his wrap or in my bed.


James is about 90% done with napping (sob!). On the most fantastic day of his life (mentioned above) he had woken up at 6 in the morning (even with daylight savings time) after staying up until 10 the night before. He refused to nap that day but when he went grocery shopping with Tim that afternoon he fell asleep in the cart and then slept the whole way through the store and on the way home.

James is never one to half heartedly get into something-remember Peter Pan and Thomas the Train? Well Super Heroes are the new "thing" around here. James is 150% obsessed with all things super hero. He wants to hear stories about them, read books about them, ask very involved questions about them, pretend to be them and his favorite: plan in elaborate detail his super hero birthday party (including what invitations will look like and who will be there). And incase you are wondering, plans for Halloween with James as Batman, Mac as Robin, Jax as Batdog, Tim as Captain America and me as Cat Woman are well underway in James' world. We will see if this obsession sticks around through October :-) Most days involve wearing a cape of some kind too.




We missed being in Florida this year for St. Patrick's Day, but we still got in the spirit by dressing in green and making some green things to eat. James went to school on Thursday where they made and set leprechaun traps, ate an all green meal and had treats from sneaky leprechauns left for them under their lunch plates :-)


How is that for a random post?
5 comments:
I love it all! Except I was hoping to see a picture of Jamsey wearing the cape I made him for xmas 09!
Love the random post, the haircuts, the green outfits and the "large and in charge" onesie!
Napping on the boppy rules! Very cute pictures. Love the haircuts.
Cute haircuts all around! I love everything about the most fantastic day of James' life...nothing makes for a more a perfect day than lollipops, balloons and lemonade. I also love that James has launched head strong into a new obsession with super heros and I'm pretty sure his now vying for your position as holiday and party planner :)
I love Mac's big round head! Isn't it cute when they can't touch their hands above their heads yet?
James is so funny with his superhero obsession. Do all the kiddos get to dress up for his birthday? That would be pretty awesome!
Post a Comment