Thursday, March 3, 2011

Food!

Mac isn't quite ready to start any solid foods yet, but 2 of my friends with babies older than Mac were ready to start making some baby food, so we all decided to have a marathon puree making day and just freeze it for when the babies are ready to eat it. We steamed, baked, mashed and pureed up a storm today and ended up with 9 different types of baby food! I figure it is probably enough to last me for the whole time Mac is on purees until he starts eating table foods. Here we are with all our food. Sara Beth and Lily, Aimee and Stella, and Me and Macky.
And some of our pretty all organic purees. We did peaches, carrots, green beans, sweet potato, mango, zucchini, squash, peas and pears. I will just buy organic applesauce and canned pumpkin and mash avocado and banana as he eats them.
Mac is so strong, he has been getting closer and closer to sitting unassisted. Today he did it for about 10 seconds a few different times. Go Mac!
In other food news, I think Mac is outgrowing his dairy sensitivity! We went out to dinner on Tuesday for restaurant week and I had a little bit of dairy-both cheese and ice cream and he did not seem to have a reaction. I have gotten so used to eating and cooking dairy free, it will be weird when I can have it again! My system will need some time to adjust as well as his so I think I will just take it slow and try one thing every few days and see how we both do.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I'm jealous of all that baby food! I need to get creative and make some more. Kellen isn't ready for table for yet.