Thursday, January 6, 2011

3 Months Old!

Cormac is 3 months old today! He has turned into such a delightful baby and brings all of us so much happiness. He smiles so much each day and has started giggling too. Everytime he giggles he immediately gets the hiccups which is pretty cute. He is very ticklish, especially on his tummy and on the bottoms of his feet and he loves to be tickled during diaper changes. Mac still loves to be held at all times and truly is the world's most snuggly baby.

Cormac sleeps fabulously at night as long as he is snuggled right up against me. Since he often sleeps through the whole night like this without waking to nurse, I have decided to just embrace the co-sleeping and not try to change anything right now. As much as Mac loves being held and snuggled by me, he seems pretty indifferent towards nursing. It is so weird to me because James was a huge comfort nurser and Mac gets super mad if I try to nurse him and he is not hungry. He nurses when he is hungry and that it it. He also rarely falls asleep while nursing, and would rather just snuggle or be rocked to sleep. You would think this would make it easy to give him a bottle. Nope, no luck on that front yet.

Mac is still growing like crazy and seems positively gigantic to us. He fits into 3-6 month clothing perfectly and I don't think it will be too long before he needs to move up another size! We met our friend's preemie last week who is the exact same size that James was when he was born and Mac looked like a different species in comparison.

Yesterday Mac rolled from his tummy to his back two different times-his first big milestone! I know I am biased, but I think that Cormac gets cuter each day. Here are some of my favorite pictures that I took of him this week:







James is still enjoying his role as a big brother. When we are goofing around and I say something like, "You are such a monkey," or call him anything silly he always responds with, "No, I am just Mac's big brother!" He loves to give Cormac hugs and besides that pretty much ignores him the rest of the time. I think he is looking forward to when Mac is a little more interactive, although I am sure that will come with it's own set of new challenges as well. For now I am enjoying watching James love Mac as much as we do and am looking forward to when they can play together and be real friends!

9 comments:

Grampa Jim said...

First Post Rights!
Happy Birthday Grandson. Your smiles make my day. Even though I haven't heard your giggles yet I can hear them in my mind when I see that picture of you with the tip of your tongue sticking out.

diana said...

Mac - we're glad that you've been with us for 3 months now. I'm looking forward to hearing you giggle too.

Tonia said...

What a cutie! Happy 3 month birthday Mac. You have some great shots in this post. His blue eyes are amazing.

Jenny said...

Happy birthday Mac! I can't wait to meet you, and give you lots of snuggles. You look just like your mama!

The O'Reillys said...

He's so handsome, Katy! It's hard to believe three months have already gone by!

Little Miss Nelson said...

Adorable pictures, every single one! Mac has the sweetest little smile and I am so glad that he likes to show it off. Happy 3 months Mac!

Jill said...

Is there anything cuter than a baby wearing a hat?!

The Icklers said...

I love his happy little smile face! That is so awesome that he will sleep soundly next to you all night, what a good little monkey.

laura! said...

Those boys are so cute that I totally felt compelled to come on over to the comment section and put it in writing. Seriously. Adorable.