Monday, August 16, 2010

Mountain Life

We realized we had not taken advantage of the cabin at all this summer, so we headed up to the mountains on Friday for the weekend. The Haleys (our Mont BFFs) have a place right by the the cabin and they were up there too, so we had a great weekend enjoying the beautiful mountain weather with friends. The Haleys keep a pontoon boat on the lake in the summer, so we went out for a ride on Saturday morning. It was beautiful and a great way to enjoy the lake. Here are James and John ready to set sail! 
Tim and his #1 fan, Colin. Anytime Colin comes to our house, he wanders around saying, "Hi Tim! Hi Tim!" and then if Tim isn't home, he just settles for calling me Tim. His expression of utter joy when he sees Tim is absolutely hilarious and it is like slow motion watching him run to Tim with open arms with his little curls bouncing. When you ask Colin what he wants to be for Halloween, he says Tim. 
Enjoying the gorgeous views.

Saturday night we had a campfire at the cabin and cooked dinner outside.
A fox came to visit us while we were all out by the fire. I hustled Jax inside quickly so that he wouldn't become fox food, but the boys were pretty excited to see the fox up close.
The fox (see it to the left of James' shoe?) had no fear of us, even when Seth and Tim made a bunch of noise and threw a rock by it. The fox just sniffed the rock and came closer. I think it was hoping the rock was a hot dog.
Mamas and boys.
James' first experience with s'mores.
We spent Sunday enjoying the weather by walking around in Breckenridge, wading in the river and eating Mexican food. The boys loved the river, but the dads were the only ones brave enough to wade in-it was just a little chilly.


We had a great weekend in the mountains, we think it might be our last cabin trip as a family of 3! In other He-Who news; I pulled my groin while running after James on his trike last night. Turns out a groin pull during pregnancy is more painful than Pitocin induced labor with no epidural. Fun, fun times. Luckily Tim's mom watched James all day today, Tim has tomorrow off, and James has school Wednesday and Thursday, so I can sit around and not move for the next few days and hope that this heals quickly.

5 comments:

Tonia said...

Looks like a fun weekend, I'm jealous of the pontoon boat! Sit around lots this week and get better.

Kara said...

What a gorgeous weekend! I can't believe that fox got so close. I'm sorry you hurt your groin :( Any injury that involves you nether regions cannot be enjoyable, I'm sure -- I hope you feel better soon!

Grampa Jim said...

The weekend looked wonderful. We're very envious. It was stinkin hot here. The first s'mores milestone! One more "first" bites the dust.

Sorry about the pulled muscle. My dad reflexes kick in whenever I hear you get hurt. If I was there I'd give you a piggy back ride...and then Tim could take care of both of us.

Grampa Jim said...

Oh, and I'm with Colin. I want to be Tim for halloween too.

Erin Sungy said...

So sorry to hear about your injury
Katy, that can't but fun.....but, it does look like you had an awesome weekend. Nothing better than the mountains of CO in the summer!