James came home from Florida 100% over his crib. We would put him in it at nap time and he would say, "Get me out of this thing!" and promptly hop out. He would climb into our bed and fall asleep in about 2 minutes. So we took that as a sign he was ready for a big kid bed. We had anticipated transitioning him out of his crib sometime this summer, but kind of like when he potty trained himself, he was on his own schedule. Works for us. James informed us he wanted a pirate ship bed and a pirate room. Since the only actual pirate ship bed we found was $1600, we quickly convinved him that a plain old twin bed with pirate sheets was a pirate ship. He was easily convinced. I didn't know how the trasition would go once the bed was actully here, but it was 100% painless. He has napped great and slept through the night in it every day since we got it. He also told us that his old loveys (3 Ugly Dolls) were crib loveys and he needed big boy bed loveys, so he has taken to sleeping with every stuffed bear and dog he owns. They all have piratey names like Captain Black Nose. I use them as an extra barrier to prevent him from falling out of bed onto the wood floor. So far so good. Here are some pictures of him enjoying his new big kid bed.
5 comments:
You know where they have pirate ship beds? Disney :-P I slept in one last year :-)
Oh Jamsey! What a big kid! I love his sheets, his new blue walls, and his big kid bed!
I hope he doesn't mind sleeping on Zephyr's mattress on the floor when he visits in a few weeks- she doesn't have a big kid bed yet!
OMG these big beds are totally breaking my heart.
It is crazy when you realize they aren't babies anymore :( I love his pirate bed, and the name Captain Black Nose!
How weird that he is now old enough to sleep in a real bed instead of a crib! But he does look pretty darn peaceful sleeping on his new pirate sheets. Yeah for James going through yet another milestone and also making it so painless on his parents :)
Post a Comment