Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kindergarten!

James started full day Kindergarten yesterday at our neighborhood school, Central Elementary. He has been beyond excited to start Kindergarten, he literally couldn't wait to get there. When it was time to leave on Friday morning, I got Mac ready and in the stroller and then couldn't find James. He was already down the street on his bike and waiting at the stop sign for us. He picked out his outfit and new backpack for the first day and worked very hard at using lower case letters (a recent development for him) to write his 1st day sign.

 (James has major issues regarding how shoes feel on his feet, so a last minute shoe change took place right before we left)
James' good buddy from preschool, Jack, lives just across Longs Peak on Judson from us, so the boys are going to ride their bikes to and from school together this year. I love that we are close enough to walk and ride bikes to school!
 James and Jack with their siblings right before they went in to school.
I grabbed James for a quick picture, and I sure am glad I did. As soon as he wrestled away from me, he was swept inside by the teacher before I even knew what was happening. The Kindergarten teachers wasted no time in immediately whisking each student in the school. It was like ripping a bandaid off, there was no time for tears from anyone. Nobody had time to get emotional because the kids were taken inside before they even knew what hit them!
It was a long day not having James at home, Mac and I were both anxious to go pick him up right at 3. He marched out of school in line with the other Kindergarteners wearing their, "I had a great first day of Kindergarten," crowns. He immediately announced he loved Kindergarten and it was WAY better than preschool or Pre-K. No school anxiety for this kid!
Giving Mac some after school love.
 We went back to school Friday evening and got James' teacher assignment and class list. He was with both full day teachers all day on Friday and the teachers divided up all the kids at the end of the day. He is with Mrs. Strain and has 19 kids in his class. James is already excited to go back on Monday. I am so proud of my big kid! I know he is going to have an awesome year and am so excited for him to start this journey in school!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So exciting! I'm glad James loves school :)