Monday, June 17, 2013

Oklahoma

On Thursday of last week, we all flew to Oklahoma to spend a long weekend in Bartlesville for my grandparent's 65th wedding anniversary. It was a long overdue trip to take the boys to see my grandparents, and we were able to have a wonderful visit with my cousins and meet some of my mom's cousins for the first time. My grandparent's planned a very nice dinner party at the country club for Friday. We all got dressed up and it was so wonderful to meet all their friends and family. Mac was being very cooperative for pictures for about 5 minutes, so I took advantage and tried to get as many photos as I could.
 I love this picture so much.
 Nick, Mac and my dad looking extremely dapper in their hats.
 James trying to explain Rescuebots to his great grandpa.
 Cute cousins.
More cute cousins. Leo had finals on Friday, so unfortunately she missed the trip. I would have loved to have all 6 of us together!

Nick and Matt both are phenomenal with my boys. James and Mac LOVED playing with them and hanging out with "my big boys" as Mac called them.


 Grandpa and his boys.
My grandpa, who is almost 90, still takes care of his own (beautiful) yard. He was very excited to take the kids for rides on his riding lawn mower. The boys liked it so much, they took another ride the next day too.

 James loved having someone to wrestle and talk Legos and superheroes with, Matt was more than happy to oblige.
 The boys at Woolaroc.
 With my dad on Father's Day.
Visiting with my Grandma Kathleen.


My grandparent's have a "cave" in their backyard. My cousins and I carved in our names when we were younger, and Matt was thrilled to help the kids carve their names in on this visit.
While Bartlesville might not be a top vacation destination, it was a wonderful trip and was so nice to reconnect with family as well as meet some family members for the first time. 65 years of marriage is pretty impressive and I am so happy so many people made the trip to help my grandparents celebrate. While the boys might not remember this trip when they are older, I am so happy to have these pictures of them with their great grandparents.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great pics!It was a great trip- and no tornados or tick bites!

Tonia said...

I love the pic if Nick, Mac and your dad! I can just picture Matt and James playing together.

Erin Sungy said...

The cute clothes in this post are almost more than I can handle. ADORABLE