Thursday, May 30, 2013

Preschool Graduate

James is officially a preschool graduate! He has really enjoyed his last year of preschool and I am so glad that we decided to keep him at BellaVita one last year, as well as send him to Pre-K at Central, our neighborhood school, where he will attend Kindergarten in the fall. His last day of Central was last Wednesday, here he is on his last day of school.
As the kids walked outside their teacher, Mrs. Vogel-Pitts, handed them a diploma and declared them official Kindergartners!
We love, love, love James' teacher at Central. I hope his Kindergarten teacher is just as awesome as Mrs. Vogel-Pitts is!
Here is a comparison of James on his very first day at BellaVita in 2010 and on his graduation day-last Friday. BellaVita has been an amazing introduction to school for James. It is such a wonderful and nurturing place and I am so glad that he had the opportunity to grow there for 3 years. He had so many amazing experiences there that I really do not think he would have had anywhere else.

Each graduating student from BellaVita creates a piece of art that they give to the school. This is James' canvas on display at graduation-it is a rocket ship and outer space.
 BellaVita makes a very big deal about graduation and James was so excited to have his big day. The graduating class writes their own song that they perform together and James had been practicing singing it for weeks.
 Here are the 5 kids who graduated this year performing their song, "Five Circles Around the Sun." I cried. A lot.
 Ms. Rachael called each graduate up and said nice things about them as she presented them with their diploma. Adorable.

Will, Colin, Cyrus and James have been together for 3 years and have developed such great friendships. Here is James with Cyrus.
 James with Ms. Rachael and Will.
I can't believe how grown up James looks in these pictures! It was hard to see him say goodbye to BellaVita and to his teachers and friends there.

2 comments:

Little Miss Nelson said...

Yay James! Those pics of his first and last days of preschool are almost too much for me to handle...how is he so grown up already? I can't believe we have kindergartners on our hands now! Happy Summer!

Jenny said...

He looks about 10 in that last day of school picture! Zephyr's schools don't do "graduation", but I am feeling very nostalgic about the end of preschool this week :(