Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Chloe's Sesame Street Birthday Party

Since I love planning parties and since Chloe's birthday was just a couple of weeks after baby Molly was born, I volunteered to plan Chloe's party for Amberly. Mac's nasty illness kind of ruined things because her party was supposed to be last weekend. I drove up some of her party things and they had friends over last weekend for one party, and then we did it all again on Sunday for the whole family celebration. Tim and I got her the Abby Cadabby dress and wand as her birthday presents. Chloe loved them and looked adorable for her Sesame Street party.
You know I can't resist dressing up the kids in themed outfits, so I made everyone else Sesame Street face shirts for the party.
Baby Molly was Grover, Tay was Cookie Monster, James was Oscar and Mac was Elmo. Mac was madly in love with his shirt and pointed to it saying, "Elmo! Elmo! Elmo!" to anyone who would listen.
 
I channeled my sister and Anne's craftiness and sewed my first fabric banners for the party! An Abby Cadabby one with Chloe's name she can hang in her room post-party.
Tissue paper pom poms with the character's faces. Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration!
 
The other banner I sewed-just generic Sesame Street. We are planning on reusing it for Mac's next birthday, assuming the Elmo obsession sticks.
  
 Favor bags-Elmo for the boys and Abby for the girls.
 James carried around a gummy worm all day and said it was Slimey-Oscar's pet worm.
 Party snacks



Cupcakes for the kids-one of Katie's friends made them for us. They turned out adorable!
Papa getting some snuggles in with his 2 youngest grandkids.

Chloe has more personality and sass than just about anyone I have ever met. We love her so much and hope she loved her birthday party! (at least as much as I loved planning it)

2 comments:

Erin Sungy said...

I'm so impressed, will you please fly to Illinois to plan Alec and Charlie's bdays too? Such cute ideas:)

Jenny said...

I'm telling you KT, people would pay you to plan themed kids parties and activities and plan matching outfits for family pictures. You are the coolest aunt- too bad you can't throw ZP a party!