Wednesday, February 29, 2012

James Update

A few things that I love about James lately: 
He is such a good big brother. He loves his "Moo Moo" so much and now that Mac is getting older, they are actually spending more and more time interacting and playing together. I love it so much.
James has become fascinated with all animals. He loves learning facts about them and has an alarmingly good memory. He will often bust out random facts throughout the day that always surprise me. The other day at lunch, James: "Mom, did you know rhinos and ox peckers have a symbiotic relationship?" Me: "Uh, do you even know what that means?" James: "It means they help each other." And then he went on to list all of the animals he knows that have symbiotic relationships. 
He is still loving his Legos and his Lego mini figures and is really into making his own creations and putting on Lego shows for me. This is his "Bubba car" creation with policemen that put on a very in-depth show for me that combined circus acts and crime fighting. This kid does not lack imagination, that is for sure.
James is so sweet lately. Tantrums and whining are pretty few and far between and he truly is a pleasure to be around. He is constantly telling us how much he loves us by assigning random numbers and units of measurement to his love. Example: "Mom, I love you eighty ten pounds today!" "Does Macky know I love him all the way past all the houses and mansions in the world and past all the animals, thirty seven ten miles?" This morning he crawled into bed with Mac and I and snuggled in and said, "I love my family!" Seriously, heart-meltingly sweet.
4 has been a pretty awesome age for James so far. What a sweet, smart boy we have!

5 comments:

diana said...

What a sweet post about a sweet boy. So glad he's my grandson!

Jenny said...

Love that Jamsey! Zephyr also specifies how much she loves us. She uses the term "bits", as in "Mama I love you 101 bits!"

Grampa Jim said...

James is a very bright kid...
I'm very proud of him. Tell him Grampa loves him all the way from Texas to Colorado and back.

The O'Reillys said...

What a sweetie! James is a great kid! Maybe he can teach George a thing or two about being a nice big brother :)

Kelly & Joe said...

So great to hear 4's are going well. 4 was my favorite age for JP- I'm holding my breathe the same will hold true for the trio, but I'm not so sure! PS- JP has that same bullseye shirt (in a much, much larger size) I love it!