Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We spent Thanksgiving in Ft Collins with the Nichols, and had a wonderful holiday. James got lots of attention all week from Mackenzie who was in town with Betsy, and he also played a lot with Taylor. He also chowed down his first "real" Thanksgiving dinner. He constantly amazes us with the amount of food he can pack away at each meal. We tried all weekend to get a good family picture for a Christmas card, but I don't know if we have succeeded yet. So if one of these makes it on a card, don't be too disappointed that you already got a sneak preview of it. We went up to the mountains on Friday and Saturday and it was beautiful with tons of snow-it got us in the holiday spirit, so we came home and started to decorate for Christmas. As always, we have a lot to be thankful for this year. We have great family and friends, an awesome new house, Tim's new job is working out perfectly, and James continues to be the highlight of our lives. We hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! There is a lot of pictures-I thought I would make up for not posting in over a week!Hanging out with Papa Dave before dinner, discussing the finer points of Coors Light.
Taking a break from practicing walking to blow kisses to everyone.

James' first Thanksgiving feast-he was much more excited about it than he appears in this picture. And yes, he ate the whole bowl!

Cousin Kenzie was a huge hit with both babies, she needs to move to CO so she can babysit!

This is what happens when you ask Taylor and James to give each other a hug and kiss. Yikes!

We woke up on Saturday morning at the cabin to about 8-10 inches of fresh snow-so pretty!

Getting ready to drive home-yes, Jax is sitting on top of James in his carseat. We had to drag him off, and both of them were rather upset by it. I swear they love each other more than me or Tim!

8 comments:

The Icklers said...

First of all, I can't stop laughing after seeing that pic of James and Taylor kissing -- so wrong, yet so cute! Secondly, My xmas card vote is for the pic of you all in cute winter hats.

Jenny said...

Ummm, Taylor and Jamsey french kissing is so terrible, and yet I can pretty much guarantee that Zephyr will kiss him the same way- I guess it builds immunities, right? You guys look great in the pics. And tell Jax that he puts Jamsey over the weight limit for the carseat...shove over!

Grampa Jim said...

That picture of the cousins kissing will be a nightmare for them both in about 8 or 9 years. Start saving for therapy sessions now.

The winter pic gets our vote for the Xmas cards.

Brynne said...

I vote for Jax sitting on James for xmas card pic. You have the cutest family!! Miss you.
PS- I'm thankful for my new steam mop. It is indeed a dream come true. Thanks KT.

Anonymous said...

All that snow will get you in the Christmas spirit. Looks like you had a great turkey day. I think James ate more than I did although that might be because I burnt a large majority of our food.

Tonia said...

Cute outfits James and Katy (Tim, yours is nice too!).

Erin Sungy said...

Dog on baby's lap is awesome! That's my vote for the x-mas card too.

Erin Sungy said...

p.s. Alec and James' moms have great taste! I just bought that sweater for Alec and we also have the same x-mas p.j.'s!