Well, I am not quite sure how this happened, but apparently Benny is 1/2 way through his first year. He is without a doubt the most chill, laid back and happy baby around. I truly can not imagine our family without him, he was our missing piece that we didn't even know was missing!
Benny's favorite things this month are: his feet, his brothers, the schnoodle and beer bottles. He loves holding onto toys, playing peek-a-boo, listening to his brothers make silly noises, being held and snuggled, chewing on anything he can get into his mouth, squawking, and nursing. Benny is happy pretty much all the time. The only thing he does not like is being alone, and as long as he can see one of the four of us, he is content to lay on a blanket or sit in his bouncy chair. The only time he protests is if he can't seen one of us. He has also started to be a little skeptical of anyone besides the four of us, and really only wants to be held by somebody else if he can still see one of us.
If James or Mac are around, Benny will crane his neck to see them and finds pretty much everything Mac does to be hysterical. One day in the car, Mac was fake sneezing and Benny started laughing so hard, definitely his first really big belly laughs. I about died it was so cute.
We have gotten Benny on a pretty good night time routine and he loves bath time. Unlike his brothers as babies, he isn't fazed by water on his head or in his eyes and loves kicking his little legs in the water and chewing on his toes as we get him ready for bed.
He can't quite hold up his head and balance well enough to sit up yet, but Benny loves standing on the ground or in our laps and looking around.
Sleeping at night is still hit or miss, but I started putting Benny down for naps in his crib if we are at home and it is actually going really well. He takes 3 pretty predictable naps a day, and since we are on the go quite a bit, I consider it a good day if he can take 2 of his naps at home in his crib.
We finally got Benny's corner of our room done this month. At some point we are going to have to revisit the option of two of the boys sharing a room, but this is working for now, and I do enjoy having him so close.
I just can't get enough of this sweet, happy boy. I am so lucky to have all three of my boys and watching how much James and Mac love Benny, and how much he adores them already, is definitely the best thing in the world.













2 comments:
Stop it! 6 months already?!! Benny is so stinkin cute and that smile is just the best! I love how you decked out his space...the pictures look perfect!
I love his big blue eyes in that huge head. He looks at me with interest and curiosity - Who is that old guy and why is he holding me? I'm happy he is part of my family.
Post a Comment