Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fall!

Fall is by far my favorite season and it is usually cut short in Colorado by an early, heavy snowfall that makes all the trees lose their leaves early. We have been so lucky this year and I think we have had the longest, most beautiful fall ever. Our neighborhood is unbelievably gorgeous with all the huge trees and different colored leaves everywhere. Walking James to and from school is my favorite part of the day because we get to enjoy how beautiful our neighborhood is. The massive amount of leaves in our yard has provided plenty of entertainment for the boys. Mac and I attempted raking one morning, but playing in the leaves was far more fun.




Tim and I raked last weekend when it was super warm outside and James had a blast jumping off his new swing into the pile of leaves. 








I call this next series of pictures, "The Takedown." In photo 1, you can see James smiling nicely to earn the bribe of 1 piece of Halloween candy that I promised them if they took one nice picture in the leaves. Mac however, is eyeing James and coming up with his plan.
 And now for the takedown.
 And trying to steal the hat.
 And just when you think he is done, he throws a handful of leaves in James' face as a finale.
 Brothers. They are special. The best shot I got of the two of them. Fail.
Our tree still has about 850,000 leaves to drop, so we are sure to have some more fall fun in leaves in the coming weeks.

No comments: