Monday, April 29, 2013

5 1/2 and 2 1/2


What 2 1/2 is like for Mac:

  • Mac is GOOD at talking. He carries on complete conversations with us, sings songs, pretends to read books, and has a pretty impressive vocabulary.
  • He is even better at yelling.
  • Mac is very passionate. He is either 150% loving life and everything about it, or extremely unhappy and is not afraid to let you know about his sorrows.
  • Mac calls everyone "Bum Bib" It started as an insult, but has turned into a term of endearment. He often says, "Yi yuv you Bum Bibby!" before he hugs you. Nobody is quite sure how this started, but it is now our family's inside joke and we all use it.
  • Mac loves police cars, Lego guys (especially if they have helmets), mini vans, being read to and eating pretzels.
  • Mac tells you that anything he likes is very popular. "Police cars very popular Mama."
  • He loves to be carried, snuggled and cuddled "like a baby"
  • He can throw the longest and loudest tantrums I have ever heard in my life. His record to date is 4 straight hours. I am serious.
  • Mac gives the best hugs I have ever had in my life. He wraps both arms all the way around you and squeezes, while laying his head on your shoulder saying, "Yi yuv you." 
  • He can not tell you the correct color of anything to save his life. 
  • When James is upset/mad/crying he tells him, "It's o-tay Bubba. I make you feel better." 

What 5 1/2 is like for James:
  • James loves drawing, coloring and writing. A HUGE change from even just a few months ago.
  • He loves to create and build. Mainly with Legos, but he will use any building materials he can get his hands on.
  • He loves being read to and is doing a pretty good job of reading on his own too.
  • James loves spending time with friends and having play dates.
  • James is fascinated with pretty much everything. If I tell him one piece of information about, say Native Americans, he will spend the next hour hounding me for every piece of knowledge that I posess about Native Americans and still wants to know more. If we take him someplace like the museum or zoo, he wants every single sign/display read to him. Preferably multiple times.
  • James is still using his own made up words, "amn't" and "yesteryear/yesternight". A new thing he has started doing is he prefaces most things he tells you with, "For instance..." or "Just one thing..."
  • When he gets upset his favorite thing to yell at us is, "I am MOVING!" 

These two boys definitely have their moments of fighting and yelling at each other, but they also have a lot of moments of making each other laugh and playing really well together. They are such good brothers and I am so glad that they have each other!

1 comment:

Erin Sungy said...

Such sweet boys, I laughed out loud at "I'm moving," classic 5 year old. Also sounds like Mac and Charlie would have a lot in common, particularly a flare for drama:) Miss you guys