Friday, March 15, 2013

Eldorables

This week James finished his ski school, Eldorables. It was a 5 week program and I can't believe the progress that he made in 5 weeks! He did it with his friend from school, Will, and we took turns driving the boys to Eldora each Wednesday after school. James really, really enjoyed it. I can't think of another activity that he has done where he has been this excited, he genuinely looked forward to going each week.
James mastered getting on and off the lift by himself and can ski down any green run just fine by himself. I am super proud of him! Here are James and Will the first time they rode up the lift without an instructor-
 James and Will ready to ski-
 Coming down a green run-
 James with the 3 other kids in his class. It was great having such a small group, he really learned a lot.
 Riding up the lift with Will and his instructor his last lesson.
James and Will after their last lesson with stuffed polar bears they got from their instructor. 
 Nyla, Linley, Instructor Jenny, Will and James.
I am so happy that James had the chance to be in Eldorables. He is now a confident skier and we are exicted to be able to ski with him!

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Too cute, what a cool program!

Erin Sungy said...

I'm so impressed, good for James!! This also makes me so so sad not to live in CO, it's such a great thing for kiddos to learn to ski at James' age, he'll be thankful his whole life:)