Thursday, November 8, 2012

Toddler Talk

I had forgotten just how adorable it is as toddlers start acquiring language and start to talk more and more. Mac is adding words to his vocabulary daily and repeats almost anything he hears. He is starting to string some words together and hets his point across, but he is not speaking in full sentences yet. A few things Macky says right now that I don't want to forget:

  • He still wants to be carried all.the.time. and I always say, "Oh Mac, you are too heavy!" as I pick him up. He now comes up to us and raises his arms and says, "Too heavy! Too heavy!" anytime he wants to be picked up.
  • He runs a few phrases together so that they sound like one long word.
    • Disaway! (this way)
    • Dataway! (that way)
    • Datovder! (that over there)
    • Dataone! (that one)
    • Whadatsay! (what's that say?)
  • He has shortened Bubba to Bub for James. He will run into his room in the morning and say, "What's up Bub?!"
  • His most frequently used word is "SELF!" which is always shrieked at full volume. He is far more independent at self help skills than James ever was (and perhaps still is). He wants to climb in the car himself, put on his shoes himself, take his coat off by himself, blow on his food himself, and the list goes on.
2 has actually been awesome for Mac so far. While still....mmm, let's say passionate and opinionated, it is a pleasure to watch him grow, learn, and enjoy his world.

2 comments:

Erin Sungy said...

"too heavy" is one of the cutest things ever!

Grampa Jim said...

I feel like we're missing so much not being closer. Thanks for these posts, though they keep me connected much more than either set of grandparents ever felt with you and your sister I am sure. I appreciate the posts very much.