Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School!

James started PreK today! This year he is going to go to school 5 mornings a week. After Labor Day, he will start back at BellaVita on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We also decided to enroll him in our neighborhood school's preschool program for Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. This will give James (and us) a chance to get used to Central Elementary before he starts Kindergarten there next year (assuming we are still in Longmont). James looks SO old to me in these pictures. Especially when you compare them to his previous two "First Day of School," photos here and particularly here. I am sure I will be saying the same about this year's photo next year when he starts Kindergarten!
Central is the oldest school in Longmont and right in the middle of our neighborhood, so we can walk there. Mac rode in the stroller and James rode his Strider bike this morning.
If James continues at Central, I am sure there will be many more photos like this one to look forward to.
I was a little worried about how Mac would do leaving James at school. They hugged each other about 12 times, and Mac only had a minor tantrum when he realized we were leaving James there. All in all, a success!
 The teacher comes outside to get the kids, so they all line up by the door and wait for her.
He turned around and gave us a quick wave and was off to his first day!
The school day is QUICK! I have been spoiled by BellaVita's 4 1/2 hour half days, and Central's half day is just a little over 2 1/2 hours. James had a great day, he said he made a lot of new friends, ate a good snack, had nice teachers and read The Kissing Hand. We are all looking forward to this school year!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to go James! Happy first day of school

Grampa Jim said...

These photos make old Grampa melt.
I can smell crayolas and freshly sharpened pencils.

The O'Reillys said...

He looks so tall in that first picture :) I love looking at his other first day pictures... he's such a handsome fellow!

Little Miss Nelson said...

James is looking so grown up! You have such great first day photos and I love that now Macky has joined in the fun! That pic of their pre-school hug is too cute! Yay back to school!!!!